Sunday, January 09, 2005

The Family

It's sunday afternoon. We just came back from the theather after watching the movie "The Incredibles". My kids and I really enjoyed it, as well as my wife.

This movie makes me think about the family. From the time I lived in the US, I learned that the latino community has a well know reputation of having strong family ties. Here in Mexico we don't realize that because it is a normal everyday thing. I had to see the lack of this unity in a foreign country to value what we have. It's not that they don't have it at all, but it is a lot different from what us mexicans live and practice.

I feel very proud of our culture.



1 Comments:

At 1/14/2005 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mi Amigo Lupe,

Strong family ties probably are more common in the Latino Community than they generally appear to be in the Anglo Community. I think that this also ties in with your other comments about being in a hurry. The rapid pace of life in modern society cuts into "family time". Some of the Anglos do place a high premium on family, especially in those with Southern Family History.

Remember just how important Family is and how fragile Life is. Having lost a Son to Suicide, this is something I can never forget. Cherish the time you have with your family / children, and remember to slow down enough to fully enjoy them. Never get to busy making a living to make a life.

Ron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home