Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Inmature boy

Sometimes I think that I got stuck in adolescence. I don't like to follow orders from no one. I am rebellious. I hate rules. I'm always questioning why do I have to do things the way someone else says they have to be done.

I have too many defects, and this is one of the worsts because it has caused me a lot of trouble.

I remember that long ago in a work interview I had when I was looking for a place where to do my professional internship, the HR guy asked me what were my main virtues and defects. I mentioned back then, that one of my biggest defects was that I didn't like to follow rules. I was young and stupid. I thought that I was going to do great because I was honest with my answers. How wrong I was. Everywhere you go, rules have to be respected and procedures have to be followed in order to succeed. Even though I now know all of this, I still feel reluctant to do so. Of course I didn't get the job that time.

I think I never passed that difficult phase of my life. When I was a teenager, I used to be so defiant towards my parents and the world around me...

Maybe I need professional help, because I think I know what's wrong, but I don't know how to fix it.

1 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Compa,
Get closer to Jesuschrist, I don't mean that you're not close to Him, but REAL close. Read the Bible. Once you start reading God's word and understanding It, peace will come into your life, and many, many changes will take place in your person. I mean good changes like peace, love, self esteem, charity, joy, et al. Just give it a try, anyways, you don't have nothing to loose... but you will win all...
Let me tell you a story.
There once was a family that were on a trip in an enourmous, luxurious, and beautiful boat (something like the Titanic). Everynight feasts and dances were held in the ballroom and everyone had fun but this particular family, which stayed in their suite. One night, the captain of the ship was walking the corridors and heard noises inside this family suite and decided to knock on the door, just to check out if they were o.k. When the father opened the door, the captain realized that he hadn't seen this man nor his family in any of the feasts held all the nights before and asked the man why they hadn't attended not even to eat. The man responded that they've been eating on sardines and crackers because they didn't had enough money to pay for that kind of meals offered in the ballroom. The captain, with surprise, but with a smile, told the man that those meals weren't for sale, that they were included in with the trip fee. That all the passengers had the right and were free to enjoy everything offered in the boat.
Sometimes we keep on eating on sardines and crackers our whole life, instead of enjoying the feast that God our Lord has prepared for us.
We don't have to have less than the best, for we are not beggers. We deserve the best because we are the children of a KING.
...you only have to believe, and want it.
May God bless you and your family.
(Sorry for the space)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home